Effective Date: February 28, 2018
DATA WE COLLECT
We collect personal data from you directly and from third parties. We collect personal data directly from you when you fill out any online or hard-copy forms including for account applications, credit applications, our online flight planning and data link tool, our crew member identification card program, training and educational programs, airport data licensing, surveys and promotion entries, event registrations, and other registrations and web forms, or otherwise when you communicate with us via blog posts or online comments, or by telephone, email, postal mail, or facsimile. Your submission of personal data is voluntary, but we may be unable to provide you requested information, products, and services if you choose not to provide the necessary personal data.
In some cases, we may also collect certain personal data from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, airlines and travel agencies, and our other business customers.
We also collect non-personal data when you visit or use our websites and products or services. This non-personal data may include information about your device and usage such as your operating system, browser, geographical location, IP address, and page views and clicks.
USE OF YOUR DATA
We use your data:
- for the purposes for which you provided it to us (g., to process your credit application, create your user account, process requests in our flight planning tool, register you for programs and events, promotions, or newsletters, or provide you products and services that you have ordered, as applicable);
- to respond to your inquiries and communications to us;
- to improve, maintain, and operate our websites and our products and services;
- to fulfill our obligations under our customer contracts (g., to provide flight planning services, trip support services, in-flight catering services, or other logistics services pursuant to our customer contracts);
- to inform you about products and services in which you may be interested, if you have consented to such communications;
- to screen you against lists of people, organizations and vessels with which certain countries are prohibited from doing business; and
- to comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, including responding to lawful requests for information by governmental authorities.
Universal uses “cookies” to obtain certain types of data when your web browser accesses our website. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our system to recognize your browser, to provide various types of functionality, to better understand how you interact with our website, to monitor aggregate usage, and to optimize web traffic routing on our website. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Certain areas or features of the website may not be available or fully-functional if you choose to disable cookies.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We do not sell your personal data to any third parties. We may share your personal data as needed to fulfill the purposes described in the “USE OF YOUR DATA” section above, including:
- with our suppliers and vendors to provide goods and services you have requested;
- with global trip support providers to provide additional services to you;
- with our service providers, such as credit agencies and technical or customer support providers, who use the data on our behalf; and
- as necessary to comply with orders from law enforcement and other governmental authorities.
We are typically the data controller, as that term is used in applicable privacy laws, for any personal data that we collect from you. However, when we collect data from or on behalf of our customers (e.g., charter aircraft operators, corporate aviation departments), those customers may be the data collector for such data and we may be the data processor. If we are acting as the data processor, we will only process the relevant data in accordance with the applicable customer contract.
DATA RETENTION, ACCESS, AND CORRECTION
Universal may retain your data so long as we can reasonably foresee the data may be required in connection with our business relationship with you. In some cases, we will retain the data for a longer period as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, follow records retention policies, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Universal is very concerned with safeguarding your personal data. The integrity and availability of your personal data are critical to the provision of superior products and services to you. We employ administrative, physical, procedural, and technological measures designed to protect your data from unauthorized access or alteration and loss or misuse. We have implemented a multi-layered approach to protect electronic information through a comprehensive Information Technology (IT) Security program. Our IT Security program is designed to safeguard electronic information by proactively providing leadership and support for areas related to network security, system security, risk assessment, remediation tracking, and adherence to security compliance mandates. Universal employees work as a team to ensure that information is protected against unintentional disclosure and are guided by compliance objectives, standard operating procedures, and acceptable usage policies.
TRANSFER OF BUSINESS
Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
1150 Gemini Street
Houston, Texas 77058
Phone (North America): +1 (800) 793-1295
Phone (Other): +1 (713) 378-2778